20 contact hours,
100 hours for preparation and elabaration of interview, paper and talk.
Study Programme Goals:
|Improvement of language competence in English (C1) and communication skills required for the increasing internationalization of the IT industry as well as work in multicultural project teams.|
The course learning goals:
- Formulate effectively in English in business and technical environments
- Compose a technical publication in English
- English language proficiency (written and oral)
- Explanation of technical details in English
- Technical writing in English
- Competence in oral presentations
- Ability to work independently
- Strategies for acquiring information
|Each course participant will select an own technical topic as the focus for the course. There are three tasks:
- A fifteen-minute inverview in which the course participants elaborate on their topic and answer any questions
- An eight-page (ca. 5000 words) written research report in the specified format of a technical publication
- A fifteen-minute oral presentation on the research findings
Some material provided by course instructor.
Course participants are encouraged to acquire their own relevant sources.
|Writing Assessment: Research report (ca. 5000 words, 60%),|
Speaking Assessment: Oral Presentation (15 min, 40%),
based on the interview a bonus (APO § 20) is possible.
|Prof. Dr. König|